- Event Place :
Abhinav Theatre, Jammu
- Date : 15-06-2018
- Time : 5:00 PM to 7:30 PM
- Event Place :
- Aarushi Thakur Rana: Recipient of first Prem Jamwal Young Innovation Award for staging the Hindi adaptation of one of Shakespeare’s popular English play ‘A Midsummer Night’s Dream’ at the 2016 Kunwar Viyogi Utsav, Aarushi is the daughter of Padma Shri awardee Balwant Thakur. She has worked in more than ten plays as a child artist and has participated in various national festivals organised by National School Of Drama and Sangeet Natak Akademi. Arushi has acted in major nationally acclaimed productions like Ghumayee, Bawajitto, and Richard III and has established herself as a theatre director to reckon with by adapting and directing a full-length play based on Charles Dickens’ Classic, “Great Expectations”. The young theatre director has written, designed and directed ‘Henry & Anne’, a play based on the life of Henry VIII and his second wife Anne Boleyn. Aarushi has also been conferred Young Women Achiever Award and Certificate of Excellence by the Nirvana Academy. Kunwar Viyogi Memorial Trust in Collaboration with J&K Academy of Arts, Culture, and Languages launched the Innovation in Art, Jammu, in which Aarushi presented her genius in the play, by adapting, translating, and directing, William Shakespeare’s ‘Romeo & Juliet’, a tragic love story of two star-crossed lovers Romeo and Juliet and their immortal love.
- Sanchita Abrol: Sanchita is a disciple of venerated Kathak Maestro, Padma Shri Guru Shovana Narayan. In early 2014, Sanchita founded Rasa dance, an organization in Australia building a bond with the centuries-old tradition of storytelling through dance. For the ‘Innovation in Art’, Sanchita presented the Kathak representation of ‘Pryutsu (The Yodha)- Tale of Unsung Heroes, an unheard and unsaid story of Valor and Martyrdom. Sanchita has performed on the international stage, most notably at:
- Ganges-Danube Cultural Festival of India in Hungary 2016,
- Parliament House India 2012
- Indian Youth Delegation Program to China 2011
- Opening Ceremony of the Commonwealth Games, New Delhi 2010
- ICCR (Indian Council for Cultural Relations) Festival of India in Italy 2016
- ICCR (Indian Council for Cultural Relations) Festival of India in Morocco 2016
We are glad that you preferred to visit our website.