- Event Place :
Tagore Hall, Chandigarh
- Date : 25-06-2018
- Time : 5:00 PM Onwards
- Event Place :
- Ayushman Jamwal:
Ayushman Jamwal is a poet by heart and a journalist by profession, presently working as a senior news editor at CNN-News18, New Delhi. Ayushman has won many hearts with his first publication- ‘Chameleon Lights’- a collection of 20 short poems.‘Chameleon Lights’, which featured among the top 10 best-selling books of English poetry on Amazon, conveys a multitude of emotions, tracking the journey of a restless spirit as it tries to find its identity. As Ayushman puts it, “The journey beautifully unfurls with well-lit paths and dark corners, where one encounters myriad hues of destiny, love, music, art, pain, suffering, beauty, spirituality and even a sprinkle of insanity.”Some of Ayushman’s poems have also been composed into songs, performed by Kolkata’s famous minstrel Surjo Bhattacharjee, who put tunes to poems like ‘Modern Affection’, ‘Canine Love’, ‘Artist of the Soul’ and ‘Crowd of Broken Souls’.Grandson of renowned Dogri litterateur and Sahitya Akademi Awardee Group Captain Randhir Singh, Ayushman is also the mentor of ‘Save the Language’ campaign, an initiative started by Kunwar Viyogi Memorial Trust to preserve and popularise the Dogri language.
- Aarushi Thakur Rana: Recipient of first Prem Jamwal Young Innovation Award for staging the Hindi adaptation of one of Shakespeare’s popular English play ‘A Midsummer Night’s Dream’ at the 2016 Kunwar Viyogi Utsav, Aarushi is the daughter of Padma Shri awardee Balwant Thakur. She has worked in more than ten plays as a child artist and has participated in various national festivals organised by National School Of Drama and Sangeet Natak Akademi. Arushi has acted in major nationally acclaimed productions like Ghumayee, Bawajitto, and Richard III and has established herself as a theatre director to reckon with by adapting and directing a full-length play based on Charles Dickens’ Classic, “Great Expectations”. The young theatre director has written, designed and directed ‘Henry & Anne’, a play based on the life of Henry VIII and his second wife Anne Boleyn. Aarushi has also been conferred Young Women Achiever Award and Certificate of Excellence by the Nirvana Academy. Kunwar Viyogi Memorial Trust in Collaboration with J&am p;K Academy of Arts, Culture, and Languages launched the Innovation in Art, Jammu, in which Aarushi presented her genius in the play, by adapting, translating, and directing, William Shakespeare’s ‘Romeo & Juliet’, a tragic love story of two star-crossed lovers Romeo and Juliet and their immortal love.
- Sanchita Abrol: Sanchita is a disciple of venerated Kathak Maestro, Padma Shri Guru Shovana Narayan. In early 2014, Sanchita founded Rasa dance, an organization in Australia building a bond with the centuries-old tradition of storytelling through dance. For the ‘Innovation in Art’, Sanchita presented the Kathak representation of ‘Pryutsu (The Yodha)- Tale of Unsung Heroes, an unheard and unsaid story of Valor and Martyrdom. Sanchita has performed on the international stage, most notably at:
- Ganges-Danube Cultural Festival of India in Hungary 2016,
- Parliament House India 2012
- Indian Youth Delegation Program to China 2011
- Opening Ceremony of the Commonwealth Games, New Delhi 2010
- ICCR (Indian Council for Cultural Relations) Festival of India in Italy 2016
- ICCR (Indian Council for Cultural Relations) Festival of India in Morocco 2016
- Ayushman Jamwal: